Security clearance is required for some positions
SphereOI helps clients succeed with advanced data analytics. Our custom framework creates purpose-driven competitive differentiators by linking advanced analytics technology to business opportunities and portfolio strategy. We keep the focus on what is most important as we work with clients to give them the practical skills to stand on their own in developing the future.
This position is for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Expert who will work with our Government Technology Group. The Government Technology Group has very tight-knit, well managed teams with important missions. As a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Expert you will, over time, draw on your skills in statistics, NLP, neural networks and other machine learning algorithms. Data, big and small, is a ubiquitous element, and familiarity with modern data architecture and query languages is important.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learn new domains and problems
- Experiment with models and data
- Collaborate with other experts
- Develop reference implementations of models and pipelines
- Work in Python, possibly other languages (e.g. R, Java)
- Present at weekly demos and various sessions
- Support production engineering teams and develop automated tests
What You Need For This Position
- Talent for machine learning fundamentals -> We stress the fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, physics, economics or computer science
- Hands on coding experience using Python and SQL is preferred