SphereOI is a culture of Artificial Intelligence (AI) mixed with some actual intelligence. Our studios engineer highly advanced AI/ML solutions for clients in several exciting industries. We help these industries realize the full promise of AI through superior engineering and novel thinking. At SphereOI, we cover all phases of innovation, from the fuzzy front-end of AI strategy all the way to building AI for operations. We are geeks, creators, and inventors who build intelligent stuff.
This position is for an experienced Software Systems Engineer with a strong computer science or software engineering background. We are looking for leadership experience on large multi-element system-of-systems engineering projects covering the full lifecycle. The candidate should either have past experience with machine learning systems or a strong desire to acquire hands-on experience developing such systems. Familiarity with data architectures and data analysis is a must. Familiarity with cloud architectures and implementations is a plus. The priority will be Lean over Agile, but both experiences are welcomed. This is a hands-on technical leadership position, guiding multiple program elements through specification, design, validation, development, integration, testing, and deployment. The successful candidate will receive significant professional experience delivering complex systems that incorporate data science and machine learning components integrated into a digital product portfolio. The long-term horizon for this position will be leading multiple projects with artificial intelligence and machine learning. The position involves leading smart people to solve extremely hard problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide technical leadership and direction for software engineer and AI engineer teams.
- Design and build modern enterprise data architectures and data abstraction service layers.
- Design and build cloud applications with high security, high transaction rate and high availability.
- Design and build test harnesses to evaluate product progress and accuracy.
- Work with customers to clarify requirements and deliver business solutions.
- Design and build sophisticated machine learning automated test harnesses.
- Write system specification documents such as Concept of Operations (CONOPS), system level requirements, and Interface Control Documents (ICD) for complex systems.
- Present at weekly demos and various sessions.
- Build things.
What You Need for This Position
- Hands on experience in building large-scale data architecture systems.
- Hands on experience managing people and distributed teams
- Excellent programming with Python or C#.
- Abundant knowledge on large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with a modern deep learning framework such as PyTorch or Tensorflow is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent in related technical experience.